– In reality, our watches are much more beautiful than displayed on the photos !
– GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY: All of our watches are genuine.
– GUARANTEE OF FUNCTIONALITY: All of our watches are checked regularly for fuction, time deviation as well as “suitability for daily use” and are serviced by our watchmaker, if needed. You receive 6 months of warranty (excluding damages due to water or rough force).
– INVOICE: Of course you receive a proper company invoice.
– INSURED SHIPPING: Tracked as well as insured. Woldwide.
– PRICE DISCOUNTS: When purchasing multiple watches we can offer you an attractive packet price.
– FAIR TRANSACTION: Is important to us. Please make sure to visit our “Customer Feedbacks” section, directly above this paragraph on the right-top side of your screen.
– Automatic Movement with Center Second
– black dial with non-enclosed indices and mercedes hands
– Stainless Steel Case
– Genuine Rolex Crown (signed)
– Plexiglas (factory original)
– Displays the Date
– 40 mm diameter (w/o crown)
– Hand crafted, Italien, Vintage Leather Strap (retail price 100 Euro)
– Reference Number: 1680
– Serial Number: 2694xxx
– Years of Construction: 1970
This is a Rolex “Submariner Red” watch with a geunuine Mark 4 “MK4” dial. For the sake of clarity: The dial is unrefurbished, unrestored, not repained and 100% factory original. Vintage Portfolio offers a money back gurantee on that.
History: Beside the 1680 White Font Submariner, the 1680 reference was produced in six different dial variants. The printing techniques of these six variants varie widly and it needs some rolex books to determine the exact dial type. According to literature, Mark 4 dials were produced for model serial numbers ranging from 2450xxx to 3700.xxx (1970 – 1973).
Features of a genuine Submariner Red Mark 4 dial are
-) “feet first” writing (the „660 ft“ stands before the „200m“ and not thereafter)
-) “open sixes” – The belly (or the “o”) of 6es in “660” is not closed as here in the Word text. They need to be open. (hard to explain)
-) The “=” must not be directly under the A of Submariner. It has to be a little right.
-) The red “Submariner” writing was printed on top of the white “Submariner”. This printing technique was used in Mark 1, 2 and 4 because Rolex used the normal „white“ 1680 dials used as a base. You can only see the marks oft he white base color under a magnifiying lens.
-) A further, but not insignificant, indication of an original dial are age-aligning signs of wear and tear. This example has a slight damage at 12 o’clock – which actually causes some joy as an indicator of authenticity.
– Outside: The still GENUINE, non-refurbished, dial is in nearly perfect condition. It has signs of wear at 12’oclock. The glas is in perfect, scratch free, condition. The case has some signs of wear. Also the inlay. Please consider the pictures as well as the age of the watch.
– Inside: Last Service in 2016. The movement works perfectly. The crown moves smoothly . The watch starts running immediately and is keeping time well. The balance wheel oscillates vigorously and regularly. It has been regulated by our watchmaker.
Price: 12800 Euro
Shipping Charges (Tracked and insured shipping)
– Within Europe: 20 Euro
– World Wide: upon request (we have already shipped to the USA as well as New Zealand)
– A fair sale is important to us. Please contact Maximilian for any further questions.
– Maximilian can be reached at 0043 664 430 58 16 or just send us a “private message” or email anytime. vintage.portfolio at gmail dot com
– Make sure to visit our homepage www dot vintage-portfolio dot com to take a glimpse at all of our watches